Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

More Yeses

Sometimes I feel anxious heading back to work after a 3 day weekend because it often brings lots of, "What did you do on your day off?"  I used to feel like the answer should be something exciting or unusual, or "in addition to" how weekends usually roll.

Sometimes long weekends are special... and that's good.  But more often than not lately, I am finding myself content with simply saying yes more often to what comes naturally.  What are those tried and true things that feed your soul?  Let's be Intentional about naming those things and allow them to find their way into our personal Rhythm.

YES to an extra long walk on my favorite trail; not to check exercise off the list, but simply to enjoy 60 degrees in February.  YES to lunch with my husband.  YES to making a huge batch of chili to freeze for when the March snow flies in Minnesota, because it will!

So when I have extra time, my YESES are walking outside, cooking, and being super present to my family.  What do you notice in your days that you'd like a little more of?  When you find yourself with a little extra time, allow yourself to go there.  Take a minute to intentionally know yourself well and allow YOUR RHYTHM to shine. You are invited to share in the comments.  Let's say More Yeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment